Hello! I wasn't planning on blogging anything like this today but when I thought about it, I felt I had to. I was scrolling through m...
My Thoughts On - Demons by Imagine Dragons
By kiralcurtis
Hello!
I wasn't planning on blogging anything like this today but when I thought about it, I felt I had to. I was scrolling through my subscriptions on YouTube when I saw that ImagineDragonsVEVO had posted a new video within the last 20 minutes (this was yesterday). Imagine Dragons is one of my favourite bands so obviously, as anybody would, I immediately clicked open the new video. It was their new Demons video. I sat and watched it and it literally brought a tear to my eye. I love how powerful that song is as it was the whole reason I came to love Imagine Dragons. I had spent all day searching for good Merlin (BBC TV series) fan videos on YouTube when I found one that included Merlin, Morgana, Arthur, Gwen and Mordred. When I watched that I actually cried. I'd like to point out that never in my whole life has a song managed to make me cry. I thought it was that fact that the video showed Alexander Vlahos crying and in pain, but then I watched another video which was an Oliver Queen tribute (from Smallville) and that had Demons as the background music. I cried again. The song makes me so emotional and I love it. Obviously if I'm walking down the street listening to it, I don't cry. When I watched the music video, I felt myself tearing up again. I couldn't help it.
I love the idea that Imagine Dragons were on stage performing the song as if at any normal concert but then the camera zooms in to a few particular people and show us as viewers their background stories. It made me think that a lot of it is quite possibly true. Many of us will go to concerts, for some it's to just enjoy the music but I know that for others it is a way of escaping what is really going on in their life. It really touched me. The song finished, and I already had a tear in my eye, and then writing comes up saying 'In memory of Tyler Robinson (1995-2013) who inspired us as he battled cancer'. I love how a worldwide band will do something as simple as that but it can really make a difference. When a short video came up of Tyler Robinson singing and dancing to It's Time with them I cried of happiness. It was so adorable, if that's the right word. Everyone in the crowd began chanting 'TYLER...TYLER...TYLER...' and the smile on his face was so precious. I don't know much about his background but I know that you should go check out www.tylerrobinsonfoundation.com and you can watch the full video of Tyler at http://youtu.be/mqwx2fAVUM0 . Go check them out and of course, please listen to the song! (I'll leave the video below with a link for the album.)
Thanks for reading!
KC x
Share This
About author: kiralcurtis
21 year old Drama and Theatre Practice student at the University of Hull. Interests in travel and reading as many books as possible. Live life to learn more about the world and its cultures. Aims to continue studying the influence of Spanish Golden Age drama of Latin American theatre during the Early Modern era into masters and possibly PhD level - combining loves of theatre, history, travel, reading and learning.








