Welcome to Fitness Friday!
I've always tried doing fitness Friday posts but since I usually only do three posts a week, it's gets difficult to include a variation of other posts. In this new year, however, I am trying my best to post a lot more. I'm not saying that I'm going to be posting every day but so far there have been 5 posts a week and I have the rest of the month planned out! I'm doing this as my most successful blogging month was September last year, my Blog-a-day month. Knowing I have more than usual to do makes me write the posts much further in advance and overall, I am a lot more prepared. With this increased amount of posts, Fitness Friday is becoming a thing. At the beginning of each month I shall give a fitness update from the month before and then the other 3 Friday's can be anything else to do with health and fitness. So here is 2017's first Fitness Friday!

Here are some of my main fitness goals I want to accomplish in 2017:
- Run Half a marathon - since I started running last year I had this crazy idea of possibly running a marathon in 2 years (I may push it to 3 years). I know it's possible with the correct training so first off, I want to be able to run half a marathon at least once by the end of the year. That's 13.1094miles or 21.0975km. I need to start working towards 10km for now and if I keep it up and believe I can double that, then I will hopefully sign up for an event.
- Take part in events - I'd like to sign up for 5k and 10k events. Not only that after last year's Adrenaline Rush, I really want to do a 10k obstacle race. Overall, a couple of 5 and 10k runs, an obstacle race, a colour run, and perhaps a cycling event would be good!
- Smash fitbit goals every week! - I did this for nearly two weeks in a row just before Christmas without trying very hard so I know that if I want to, I can do it every week.
- Swim - There is a swimming baths just around the corner from where I live so it would be great to go there and swim more often. I always love swimming and see myself as quite a good swimmer, other than the fact I haven't properly swam in years. Even if I go twice a month then build it up, it will be a lot better than before!
- Hike - Since I am climbing Kilimanjaro in August and I need to start my training and for that, the best thing I can do is hike. I want to make a point of going for half an hour walks at least 3 times a week just to get fresh air and then once a month I want to go on a more lengthy walk, preferably in the countryside. At the gym, I will spend some sessions simply walking on the treadmill and a steep incline to work those muscles in my legs!
- Lose a stone - I think this will be the trickiest because I seem to put the weight on in muscle. It would probably be better if I said tone up but that's too broad. I'd like to lose a little weight to help myself look healthy and be overall, fitter. I plan on adopting a healthy lifestyle by giving myself a daily routine, that fits around my already hectic schedule, aiming to give myself enough time to workout, work, eat and sleep.
- Try out new exercises- I already play hockey, dance, go running etc. but I'd like to expand that a little by maybe doing trail running for a change or a different type of dance. Maybe even go to one or two fitness classes instead of the gym from time to time!
**********************************
I think that just about covers everything. I'm feeling quite motivated and since I've been home, I'm dying to just go to the gym, but I don't have a membership here so I have to wait until I go back to university. That's when my fitness training begins! Fitness has always been the best stress reliever for me which is probably one of the main reasons why I love it so much. Playing sports or going to the gym is the only time where I completely forget about my worries and I feel good afterwards, knowing I have done a good thing for my body!
What are you're 2017 fitness goals? Will you be signing up to any events to motivate yourself?
- KC xx








